21 May 2008

Lingam Report, KL 2020 City Plan, UMNO MP Group


OK, I was doing some "cadangan" for the pass weeks, I also have some questions that hopefully could be answered. Based on my readings on Malaysiakini,  Malaysia-Today and other online news report

1. In the world of ICT, and Malaysia being the host of the just concluded WCIT,  why did the Lingam report is still in print, and not in electronic media?. My cadangan is that the report be published in government websites. The printed copy was sold at RM541 each, while it could be available at a lesser price online, or (in my opinion) should be available for free. 

2. Speaking about publishing the report, while the KL 2020 City Draft Plan website  has good amount of information  in it, it still not easy to navigate. There are limited number of "Next" and "Previous" links that I could click. I think not all information was inserted in the site. Some of the pages even have dead image links. I don't think it was done with readers in mind. It it too difficult to make?.

3. On the Parliament, I would argue that the creation of "Umno MP Group" could backfire as it tends to isolate UMNO among their BN counterpart. I should only see BN in the Parliament, and not pieces or sections of BN. Myself as a layman cannot see the purpose of such group. It is strange that when the PR is getting themselves together, the guys in BN is trying to put themselves apart. 

My 3 sen!




No comments: